The Vining Group sold the Lake Oconee lakefront home pictured above last month.
Who says March Madness is just for basketball? It certainly applied to the Lake Oconee real estate market as well, for we saw an impressive surge in real estate sales last month. There were a total of 76 real estate transactions: 47 residential dwellings and 29 land lots. This is an enormous leap from the 33 transactions in February. This is also greater than the March 2016 real estate sales, as there were only 65 transactions last year. If you are wanting to sell your Lake Oconee area property, now is the time to put it on the market! Properties are selling!! Below is a breakdown of the March real estate transactions for the Lake Oconee area.
47 Residential Properties SOLD
- 4 sold for over $1 Million
- 19 were on the water with sale prices ranging from $255,000 to $1,540,000
- 6 were on the golf course with sale prices between $176,000 and $590,000
- 19 were in gated golf communities, 10 of which were in Reynolds Lake Oconee
- 25 were in lakefront communities, 6 of which were in Del Webb
- 29 were in Greene County, 1 was in Morgan County, and 17 were in Putnam County
- No bank-owned residential properties sold in March
29 Land Lots SOLD
- 7 were on the water with sale prices ranging from $156,900 to $650,000
- 7 were on the golf course with sale prices between $15,000 and $230,000
- 19 were in gated golf communities, 8 of which were in The Landing
- 9 were in lakefront communities
- 22 were in Greene County, 2 were in Morgan County, and 5 were in Putnam County
- 1 bank-owned land lot sold in March
As you can see, March was a great month in regards to Lake Oconee real estate sales! We hope this gives you a better understanding of our current market. If you are interested in selling YOUR Lake Oconee area property, please interview us! We would LOVE the opportunity to meet with you and discuss how we will work to get your property sold in the shortest amount of time at the highest dollar. Just give us a call at 706-816-1010. We look forward to hearing from you!